Tonight I made Garlic and herb marinated Flank steak, Mashed Cauliflower and Asparagus. This was my attempt at having a hearty steak and potatoes dinner (just like a gourmet steak house, except on my couch watching Christmas movies!!!!!) The steak was flavorful and juicy, I am in love. Brandon is a steak and potatoes kind of guy and he really enjoyed this meal and has requested to have it more often. I know he was missing potatoes but I think he will be Just Fine.
- 1 1/2 LB flank steak
- Olive oil for pan coating
- 1 large clove of Garlic
- 1 TBS Sea salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary, basil and thyme
1.) First make the Marinade- Put herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well.
2.) Next place Steak in a lightly oiled skillet. (DO NOT TURN ON)
3.) Brush the steak with oil. Next place minced garlic on the steak and brush in all over both side of the steak.
4.) Sprinkle herbs on the steak and continue to brush the marinade all over the steak. Allow it to sit in the pan for 5 minutes soaking up the flavors.
5.) Turn the skillet on low heat (I used 2.5 heat on my stove) allow it to cook on low heat for about 6 minutes on one side. Flip the steak over and allow it to cook for another 6 minutes. Then turn the cooking temperature down a little lower and allow the steak to cook to the “doneness” you prefer.
6.) Slice steak into thin strips and plate with mashed cauliflower and asparagus.
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower- washed and dried.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut florets off of the stem of cauliflower.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add cauliflower florets. Allow cauliflower to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain well (I let mine sit in strainer for about 3 minutes)
- Put florets in a food processor or blender. Blend well and add salt and pepper to taste. (Add Garlic if you LOVE garlic)
- This is best served warm so make sure you keep it warm until it is ready to be plated.
- 1 TBS grass-fed butter
- Place butter in a skillet and allow it to melt and coat the pan.
- Put asparagus in pan and sauté on medium heat until asparagus is tender.
- Add spices as desired, tonight I just used a little sea salt.