Spaghetti Squash with Venison Sauce
Going out for a long run or putting in an extra long session at the gym? Your body often feels better when you have a belly full of pasta (before or after). Try this healthier alternative to pasta!
Fresh and delicious. Here I made it with a meat sauce but it also tastes good with butter (grass fed if paleo), salt and pepper. If you aren’t on Paleo- try it with some Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb. Meat- I used Venison. (You can use chicken, beef, or Turkey)
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce- I use Classico Tomato and Basil (has all natural ingredients, salt is listed last)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Stab Spaghetti Squash 5-8 times
- Place in a Microwave safe bowl and Microwave for 8 minutes
- Flip squash over and microwave for another 7 minutes
- Remove from Microwave and let cool for 5 minutes
- Cut open squash and scoop out the seeds in center
- Use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti squash
- In a saucepan, brown venison completely.
- Add 2 cloves of mince garlic. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 jar of Pasta Sauce. Allow to simmer until warm.
- Plate Spaghetti and pour sauce over top.
- Serve with spinach salad and Enjoy.