|Beautiful Hydrangea’s that my mom brought me from her garden!|
I posted about Brandon all weekend and that was mostly for family and friends. What did I do? Watched and photographed Brandon’s swims, cleaned, cooked, blogged, school work and got to hang with my parents. They decided to come down Sunday night and play! My dad and I got up at 6:30am and went for a 3.5 mile walk around my neighborhood. I love spending time with my dad- he is the best dad in the world! We talked about lots of stuff and enjoyed the beautiful morning weather. Brandon and I also made dinner for my parents on the grill and some dessert.
Here is something for my foodies!
On the Grill-
I marinated grilling steaks for about 2 hours with salt, pepper, garlic, Chef Leo‘s meat rub and coconut amino’s.
Brandon grilled them with a little Chef Salt for a kick of flavor (chef salt is another one of our friend the stone broke chef’s creations that will be for sale soon!)
We had grilled brussel sprouts and a large Garden salad.
Dessert was delicious and easy. After making Lemon Bread I decided that it kind of tasted like pound cake and then all I could think about was pound cake with berries and cream.
- Combine Eggs, Milk, Honey, lemon juice and Vanilla in a mixer, beat well
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, lemon zest and cinnamon, mix well
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, beat well.
- Grease an 8×8 cake pan (or any cake pan) and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (time varies but start watching closely after 25 minutes) You want the top to be a nice golden brown and for a toothpick to come out clean.
- Top with fresh berries, coconut ice cream and a little dark chocolate drizzle.
|Crappy Phone Picture|
|My mom loves fresh hot gluten rolls!|
|The Hooch bottle Brandon got at auction for $7.00.|