Today was my first day of Summer vacation! I had an alarm free wake up and it was great, I got about 8 hours of great sleep. I had a little shopping trip with friends and then hit up Trader Joe’s for some meal ingredients for our trip to OBX next week. I found some great items at Trader Joe’s. Check out: Applegate deli meats and Trader Joe’s Turkey Keilbasa. I also realized that they have the best price on coconut oil (almost $4.00 cheaper than Wegmans) and on the Applegate meats. I love trader Joe’s. After grocery shopping I went to the mall to partake in the VS sale. While I was there I noticed a teeny- tiny Book store express and decided to check out their options on Paleo and health books. To my surprise they had a ton of Paleo cook books but none that I was looking for so I decided to come home and order on Amazon instead. I got the Wheat Belly to learn more about the adverse effects of gluten in the diets of most Americans. I found this book a while back during my research on the Paleo diet and thought it would be a great summer read. I also pre- ordered Balanced Bites book Practical Paleo I can’t wait for it to arrive in August. It is full of great meals, meal plans and health tips.
Tomorrow I am going to spend the day preparing foods for our week long vacation. I hope it is a little cooler than it was today. Since it was so warm out, I didn’t feel like making a big meal so we ate light tonight.
Summer Solstice Spicy Wraps
- 2-4 Romaine Lettuce leaves
- Turkey Kielbasa (We used Trader Joe’s- it is farm fresh, gluten- free, no added preservatives or sugar, basically clean and healthy)
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Slap Ya’ Mama seasoning (or your own personal preference for spicy seasoning)
- Fry eggs and break the yolk, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice Kielbasa into bite size pieces. Place in a pan and sprinkle with spicy seasoning. Heat on medium heat for 7-10 minutes until warm.
- Place lettuce on a plate, top with an egg and kielbasa. Eat like a wrap!