My grandmother used to make Strawberry Freezer jam from her own strawberry plants. My strawberry plants are new and didn’t produce very many but I got some great berries from the farmers market a few weekends ago and decided to try and make her freezer
Month: July 2012
1. Start following some active, inspiring websites, Instagram and Social Media sites. Crossfit Active Morrill Performances These have a lot of videos and pictures and teach you proper technique so I find them very helpful. 2. If you have a smartphone, use it to your […]
I have a garden overflowing with Peppers, Tomato, Basil, Herbs, squash and pumpkins. I love my garden but I was really concerned I wouldn’t be able to use all of this delicious food before it spoiled. I started giving all of my guests bags of tomatoes before they left. I finally decided to start making sauces, soups and salsas and canning for the winter. This is a lot of work but I have a lot of time in the summer and it will be worth it when I start teaching again.
Tomato Basil Soup
I had a dinner party tonight and almost forgot about dessert until I remembered seeing a similar pin on pinterest. Here is my Paleo approved version of Frozen Banana Nut Pops. Frozen Banana Nut Pops Ingredients:
It’s never too early to practice your Thanksgiving skills! In our house Sunday is our cooking day. We like to make some meals so that if we get busy we are not tempted to eat out all the time. On Saturday we decided to try […]
This is a simple restaurant style salsa. Most of the ingredients were from my garden the rest came from last weekends farmers market. You can make it hot or mild by tweaking the ingredients. I will even throw in a bonus to this post and tell you about my Guacamole.
Garden Fresh Salsa (more…)
Sitting around the campfire, roasting hot dogs is something that I thought I wouldn’t be able to do when we decided to eat better. Luckily, I found Applegate Farms and discovered their Organic uncured grass fed beef hot dog. We have enjoyed several bonfires and […]
Pesto always reminds me of summer. My mom used to make pesto chicken salad and put it on homemade croissants. Although I will not be serving mine on Croissants, you are free to serve it however you wish! Homemade Pesto Ingredients: 2 C. Fresh Basil leaves […]
- 2 Haddock Fillets
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 Lemon
- Brush each filet with lemon and sprinkle with old bay seasoning
- Place on 350 degree , lightly oiled Grill.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until inside temperature reaches 130 degrees.
- Pull the fish off the grill and let it sit for about two minutes. Squeeze a little extra lemon and old bay on top and serve.