On my drive around Virginia this week I noticed the leaves have begun to change colors. Fall is my favorite season and I am excited that it is just around the corner. I love to use pumpkin and apple in baking because it makes my house smell so delicious and it gets me in the Fall season spirit. Today I worked on a new cookie recipe to kick off the season. I wanted to make something egg and dairy free to accommodate some of my friends allergy needs. My husband says it is his all time favorite. I baked some of the cookies and put the rest of the cookie dough in the freezer for a later sweet tooth date. Enjoy these cookies as you kick off your own fall season.
Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7 dates, pureed
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil, Butter, or Ghee melted *note dairy free when using coconut oil!
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix pumpkin, honey and dates until well blended.
- Combine Flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pi spice and cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the pumpkin and mix until well blended.
- Add melted butter and mix well
- Stir in the Chocolate chips.
- Form dough into a ball and flatten onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.