I had so much fun playing in the kitchen with the fresh apples we picked from Crooked Run Orchard.
I decided to make an apple crisp and some Crock-pot applesauce.
Crock Pot Applesauce
I sliced and peeled 10 apples and placed them in a crockpot. Next I Added 2 small lemon peels, half a lemons juice and 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon. I cooked the apples on low heat for 6 hours. Stir occasionally. When it is finished you can jar it and store in your fridge for 3 weeks or can it to use later in the winter months.
- 2 Large Apples
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Lemons juice
- Coconut oil
- I used Practical Paleo’s crumb topping- If you don’t have that book you could use: 1 Cup Walnuts, 2 Tbsp. Melted butter/ coconut oil, 1Tbsp. Honey and a pinch of salt. mix well and crumble on top of apples.
- Grease a pie plate and preheat oven to 325 F
- Slice apples into thin slices, I left the skin on for color.
- Place apples in the pie plate and sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon, stir until apples are evenly coated.
- Drizzle with honey apples with honey until apples are coated.
- Top with crumb topping.
- Place Crisp in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until juices begin to bubble slightly and crumb top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or coffee.