Today I woke up early, turned on my Autumn in New England CD that my mom sent me. I lit my cinnamon apple candle and ghost pumpkin candle. Threw a Boston Butt in the crock-pot and am ready to smell this for 8 hours. This is how Fall always started when I was a little girl. This same CD, apple cinnamon candles, fresh air and the smells of cooking in the kitchen.
Hubby and I did some projects around the house and then ended our evening with a delicious dinner. Our friend Wes joined us and we ended up taking a walk to the neighborhood playgrounds. The boys taught me Kipping and Wes convinced me to flip over on the pull up bars. I did an assisted handstand push up, monkey bar and I tried some cartwheels (eeek). I ended my play time with a few attempts at back bends. I finally did one that was fairly unassisted but then I tried again and landed on my head! I decided to let it rest for tonight and maybe try again tomorrow (if I am not too banged up!) I realize that if I would just quit being afraid of hurting myself that I have a lot more strength than I allow myself to use. My Fall goal I guess.
Enjoy the Fall inspired Crockpot Recipe! Get out and play today.
- Large Boston Butt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp. of each Cumin, Cinnamon, Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. of each Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes (you may need to adjust the measurements based on the size of your meat)
- 2 cups Water
- Put Water in a crock- pot and turn it on low.
- Rub your meat with seasoning
- Place meat in the crock- pot and drizzle with honey.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.