Today I woke up early, turned on my Autumn in New England CD that my mom sent me. I lit my cinnamon apple candle and ghost pumpkin candle. Threw a Boston Butt in the crock-pot with some honey, cinnamon, chili powder, red pepper and cumin. Smelling this for 8 hours along with the candles and the fresh air blowing through was a great start to the Fall season. This is how Fall started when I was little- this same CD, apple cinnamon candles, fresh air and the smells of cooking in the kitchen.
The hubby and I did some projects around the house and then ended our evening with a delicious dinner. Our friend Wes joined us and we ended up taking a walk to the neighborhood playgrounds. The boys taught me Kipping and Wes convinced me to flip over on the pull up bars. I did an assisted handstand push up, monkey bar and I tried some cartwheels (eeek). I ended my play time with a few attempts at back bends. I finally did one that was fairly unassisted but then I tried again and landed on my head! I decided to let it rest for tonight and maybe try again tomorrow (if I am not too banged up!) I realize that if I would just quit being afraid of hurting myself that I have a lot more strength than I allow myself to use. My Fall goal I guess.
Here are some recipes from today that I tried- 3 success’
Festive Boston Butt
- Large Boston Butt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp. of each Cumin, Cinnamon, Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. of each Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes (you may need to adjust the measurements based on the size of your meat)
- 2 cups Water
- Put Water in a crock- pot and turn it on low.
- Rub your meat with seasoning
- Place meat in the crock- pot and drizzle with honey.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Scallions, minced
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and chop sweet potato into pieces. Should give you about 2 cups.
- Add egg, flour, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Mix well
- Scoop into a well greased mini muffin pan
- Bake at 400F for 18min.
Cashew Nut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Tbsp Cashew Nut Butter
- Thinly Slice 2 Bananas and place them on parchment paper.
- Place Bananas in the freezer for at least 3 hours. I froze mine overnight.
- Place frozen banana slices in a food processor until completely crumbled.
- Add 1 Tbsp Cashew Nut butter and mix until well blended.
- Optional: instant coffee or cocoa for different flavors.
- Serve immediately
*Ice cream recipe compliments of pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/249175791854213993/