Tis’ the Season…. to eat sweets? If you are anything like me, your days are filled with obstacles of chocolate, cookies, brownies, candy and Christmas baked goods. Working in a school is very hard because this tends to be the go to gift for teachers from students. How do I avoid this?
I make my own baked goods that I can take with me in case I feel the creeping of a sweet tooth. I am not going to pretend that I never caved or that I don’t want some of the awesome things that are put in my face. I noticed that the days I caved were the days I didn’t have anything with me. I thought I would compile some delicious treats that I enjoy making. I will also share my Almond Bark recipe! Enjoy and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all.
- Nut Butter Candies– these were a huge hit last Christmas
- Dark Chocolate Clusters – my personal favorite.
- Paleo Mom’s Gingerbread cookies
- Paleo Mom’s Chewy Chocolate “Granola” Bars– Quick and easy
- Chocolate Fudge from The Wimpy Vegetarian (use Cashew nut butter and honey)
- Macadamia Nut Fudge From Detoxinista
Kimberly’s Easy Bark
- Almonds, hazelnuts and Macadamia Nuts (you can combine or make separate batches of each type of nut. I’ve done many different versions.)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Chop nuts in food processor.
- Place nuts on a piece of Parchment paper. (I use a silpat-best investment ever!)
- Melt chocolate chips
- Pour melted chocolate over the nuts and quickly mix them with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the bark out on the paper and allow it to cool and dry for 6-8 hours.
~What are some of your favorite treats? Share links, recipes and ideas in the comments below.