I like to make recipes that use common household kitchen utensils and ingredients. I hate when I read a yummy recipe and it has so many things I would need to go out and buy. I don’t have an ice cream maker handy. I know a lot of people don’t just have that lying around but I love ice cream so, I created this “no ice cream maker required” Paleo Mint Chip Ice Cream.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 tsp. Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 C. Full Fat Coconut Cream (the thick stuff off of the top of a refrigerated can of Coconut Milk)
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- A Dash of Alcohol Free Peppermint Extract (to do a dash, I use half of an 1/8 tsp.) but just tiny drop will do. You can add more depending on how minty you like your ice cream.
- 2 TBSP. Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Brand)
- Freeze a bowl for 1 hour
- In a blender ( I use a Ninja), blend the Frozen Bananas until they are creamy. *You may have to stop and scrape the blender a few times with a spatula
- Add the Coconut Cream, Cocoa, Extracts, and Honey to the blender and combine until it is creamy. *You may need to stop and scape the blender a few times with a spatula
- Transfer the Ice Cream Mixture to your Frozen bowl and add the Chocolate chips. Hand stir the Ice Cream and chips together
- You may want to taste test and adjust your minty-ness to your liking before you re-freeze the ice cream
- Scrape all of the ice cream into a pile
- Place ice cream back in the freezer for 3 hours