My husband, and now I’ve learned my son too, love to eat fish. I struggle getting my fish intake because it is not my favorite protein. I enjoy seafood when someone else cooks it. I used to avoid all things fish but after cooking it, per my husbands request, I’ve gotten better. Since we have moved to Delaware, I shared this struggle with my brother in law. My sister loves fish too but my brother in law is more like me. In order to help our weekly fish intake, we decided to do Thursday Fish night. It has helped a lot and I have gotten more confident cooking meals that I know we will all enjoy. New problem: my one year old ate most of my fish- guess I will now have to buy 3 pieces to feed my little family. Check out the 7 Life- enhancing benefits of eating Fish.
Ginger Lemon Salmon Skewers
- 4 Pieces of wild caught Salmon
- 2 Zucchinis (I did yellow and green)
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- 1 Lemon
- Dash of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil (For Drizzling/ Coating)
- Slice Zucchini into thin slices.
- Place them in a bowl and lightly coat them with Olive oil.
- Sprinkle them with salt, Pepper and Garlic (just a dash of each)
- Let them marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or longer. (The longer they soak, the more flavor they’ll have.)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Slice Fish into bite size cubes and place them in a bowl
- Add half a lemons juice, drizzle with olive oil for coating and add garlic, ginger, salt and Oregano
- Lightly rub your skewers with Olive Oil and build your skewer: Fish, veggies, Fish (Start and end with Fish)
- Grease a piece of Tin Foil and lay it on the top rack of your oven
- Place skewers on the rack and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove skewers and serve with Fresh lemon slices
Do you like fish? Check out my other Fish recipes Here