Last night was a beautiful warm evening and that always calls for seafood! Being from North East corner of Maryland (tip of the Chesapeake Bay), Brandon and I are seafood snobs. No one makes a crab cake like Woody’s crab cakes or my mom and you can’t get crabs any fresher than catching them yourself. We were so lucky to live on the Chesapeake Bay and have amazing seafood whenever we wanted it. …mmmmmm! Anyway, we wanted seafood last night and this is what we came up with. Since my mom taught me how to make crab cakes, we are used to very little filler and just bites of delicious crab meat.
Kimberly’s Maryland Crab Cakes
1 jar of Fresh lump crab meat (I am not a fan of canned imitation crab but to each his/her own)
3 Tbsp Almond Flour
2 tsp Old Bay (+ a little extra to your taste- we love old bay-hence Maryland crab cakes)
1/8 tsp Celery Seeds
1/4 tsp Ground Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into small patties and set in fridge until ready to cook.
- In a skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil on medium heat.
- Cook Crab cakes until light brown (3-5min on each side)
- In a bowl, crack 1 egg and whisk well.
- In a second bowl add dry ingredients.
- Drain shrimp and peel shell to the tail. (Leaving shell on tail provides a nice holder.)
- Dip shrimp in egg then dry mixture then egg then dry mixture again.
- In a skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp. Coconut or olive oil on Medium heat.
- Cook Shrimp until light brown (2-3 min on each side).