One of my favorite things to do is surprise my husband with breakfast in the summer. This morning I woke up at 5am, i have no idea why, but I had an idea for breakfast that I knew Brandon would love. I got up and watered my garden, weeded and searched for any ripe veggies and then I started breakfast. Yesterday I got Ham from Applegate meats while I was at Trader Joe’s and I couldn’t wait for vacation to try it. My Grandfather used to make us fried meat and cheese roll ups for breakfast when I was little and this gave me a great idea.
Ham and Egg Burritos
- 2 Eggs
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- *Primal Option: Cheese
- 2 slices of Ham deli meat, thick enough that it won’t break
- Scramble two eggs in a skillet, add Sea salt and pepper.
- Dice tomato and cut lettuce
- Set eggs aside and in a new skillet place two slices of ham, slightly overlapping each other.
- Warm ham on very low simmering heat.
- Once the ham begins to brown slightly, top with eggs, tomato and lettuce.
- Roll the burritos from the bottom slice of ham so that it all stays together.
- Allow the burritos to warm and if you have cheese, allow it to melt. Serve warm!
Brandon took his to go! It is an easy 10 min breakfast idea that will give you protein and energy for your day.