I went to Giant today and saw some locally grown eggplant from the farm down the road. I haven’t eaten Eggplant since I was younger. I remember my mom made us try it and of course as a little kid we thought it was gross!! The only thing I liked about it was that we boiled it down to make purple dye for our easter eggs- pretty cool.
After reading about the benefits of eggplant, I decided to give it another try.
Gourmet Eggplant Venison Burgers
- Ground Venison
- salt, pepper, your favorite burger seasonings
- Coconut aminos (if non- paleo, Worcestershire sauce)
- Balsamic Viniagrette
- Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine ground venison and your optional spices, coconut aminos. Combine and make into burger patties.
- Place burgers in a pan and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until slightly pink in the center. *You do not want to over cook venison*
- Lightly oil a second pan with coconut or olive oil.
- Sprinkle and brush each side of the eggplant with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Place thin slices of eggplant (enough for each burger you made) and onions to the pan.
- Sprinkle a little balsamic and Sea Salt on the onions and eggplant.
- Cover Vegetables and allow them to cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip them and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Slice tomato and prepare lettuce wrap.
- When everything is cooked and ready, you can plate it.
- First place lettuce on a plate, next the burger, top it with 1 eggplant slice, 1 tomato, sautéed onions and a dollop of Dijon Mustard.