Always looking for alternatives to eating eggs for breakfast! Now that I am pregnant with baby number two, I am trying to stock up on easy recipes for on the go, busy mornings.
During the winter months, I crave a warm bowl of oatmeal. I created these Not “Oatmeal” Breakfast Cookies for my busy mornings.
- 1/2 C. Almonds
- 1/2 C. Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. Flaxseed Meal
- 10 Pitted, Medjool Dates
- 1/4C. Honey
- 1/4C. Almond Milk
- 1/2C. Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1/2C. Raisins
- Place Flaxseed Meal in a small bowl and add 2 Tbsp. Water, set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- In a food chopper, Chop Walnuts and Almonds.
- Set Nuts aside in separate bowl
- Chop Dates, Milk, Flax, Salt, Cinnamon, Coconut Shreds and Honey until creamy
- Pour Date mixture into the Nut mixture, stir until well blended.
- Add 1 Egg to the nut mixture and mix well.
- Add Raisins and stir carefully.
- Spoon batter onto Silpat/ parchment paper lined tray
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.
- Place onto cooling rack to let them firm up.
Eating them warm is my favorite but they are good at room temperature as well. These are easy to freeze- they last about 2 months in a freezer.
*Warning- Toddlers love these Cookies and sneak them when you aren’t looking.