After a long day of work and an hour of Physical Therapy for my knee, I got home and I was craving meat and veggies. I didn’t have time to make my original Zucchini Lasagna recipe so I had to improvise. After searching the fridge for some ingredients, I created this delicious, fun and very easy recipe. It was surprisingly filling and made enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
Deconstructed Zucchini Lasagna
- 2 Green Zucchini
- 1 Lb of Ground Venison or any ground meat
- 1/2 Jar of Pasta Sauce, I use Classico Tomato, Garlic, Basil
- 1/4 Purple Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, diced
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Sea Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste on Zucchini
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- *Primal- Top with grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Slice Zucchini into thin spears and place on a lightly oil cookie tray. Sprinkle with Salt, pepper and Garlic Powder (to taste). Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, lightly brown Venison.
- Add Onions, Pasta Sauce, Parsley, Garlic, Salt and Pepper to the venison and allow it to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When Zucchini is tender, remove it from the oven and top it with the meat sauce (*and Cheese if desired).
- Bake the Deconstructed Lasagna for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!