These are a simple Fruit tartlet that you could create for a brunch or a light dessert. I’ve been on a fruit kick lately, clearly missing Summer on these cold winter days.
The tartlets pictured are with a Gluten Free Pie Crust but I love making these with Elana’s Pantry Pie Crust better.
- Take the Crust and roll it thin. (If using Elana’s Crust- Use two pieces of Parchment paper, spray with coconut oil and roll this with a rolling pin.)
- Cut the crust with a 2 1/2″ round cookie cutter
- Place the pie crust in a well greased mini- muffin pan
- Set aside while making Fruit filling
Berry Filling Ingredients: (will make 8 tartlets)
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup Raspberries, halved
- 1 TBSP. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Tapioca Flour
- dash of Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- dash of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut up fruits and set aside in a bowl
- Combine Honey, Flour, Spices and juice in a bowl and whisk well
- Pour Honey mixture into the fruit and gently stir until totally coated
- Fill each pie crust all the way up, I like to stack it a little higher than the pie crust
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and fruit is bubbling
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack before garnishing
- I garnished with my Simple Whipped Cream and some Dark Chocolate Shavings.