Italian Style Cabbage Rolls with Ground Venison.
- 1 lb. Venison (or ground meat of your choice)
- 5- 6 Cabbage Leaves
- 1/2 C. Kale
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Oregano, minced
- 2 C. Pasta Sauce
- Salt Water for Boiling Cabbage
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove the stem of the cabbage and gently remove the layers of leaves- If they are hard to remove without breaking, boil the whole cabbage for 2 minutes to help loosen the leaves.
- Set cabbage leaves aside
- In a skillet, on medium heat, sautee garlic, Kale and Rosemary for about 4 minutes, until Kale is soft. Remove and set aside to let it cool
- Bring a large pot of salt water to a boil. Add Cabbage leaves and boil 5-7 minutes, until leaves are soft
- Remove leaves and pat dry with a paper towel, set aside
- Chop Kale, Garlic and Rosemary mixture finely
- In a Bowl, combine Venison, Salt, Oregano, 1/2 C. Pasta Sauce and Kale mixture. I like to use my hands to be sure it is combined well
- Lay out your cabbage leaves so that the end of the stem is facing up at you. Take 1/3 C. of the Venison mixture and place it in the leaf.
- Roll the top of the leaf over the mixture and then the sides and roll gently and tight.
- Place the cabbage rolls in the prepared baking tray close together and top with the left over Pasta sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sides or check out this quick and easy Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe.