Brandon’s loved cold Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for Easter and in order to keep us from Cheating over another junk food filled holiday, I had to come up with a treat for us. Over the break I made these and created one to be similar to a peanut butter cup.
Nut Butter Candies
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nut Butter
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Graham Crackers (optional-It makes it a little thicker and a little sweeter) (recipe to follow)
- 1 bag of Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Taste test the ingredients and make sure the cashew butter isn’t over powering. If you don’t like the taste than add a little bit of the other ingredients to get a taste you like. I play with the ratios a lot.
- Once you have a great taste, roll them into Macadamia nut sized balls and place them on the tray. Once you have the tray filled, place them in the refrigerator while you melt your chocolate.
- In a saucepan: Pour your chips in the pan and turn the pan onto a low heat and allow the chocolate to melt down slowly. (This also works in a microwave safe bowl- put the chips in for about 45seconds but watch carefully and do not let them burn)
- Once chocolate is liquid and creamy, pull out the candies and coat them in chocolate using a spoon or a paint brush. You will only be able to coat the top first.
- Place the chocolate covered candies in the fridge for about 5-10 min. Then pull them out, flip them over and fill in the rest of the candy with the remaining chocolate.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
|I made these in a candy mold (not recommended, they look cute but it was hard to get them out!)|
|These I put Marshmallow fluff on top and didn’t add the graham cracker to the candy.|